Sunday, January 6, 2013

Essie Sleek Sticks Review



Well, I'll start off by saying, I LOVE THESE! Way to go Essie! These are the one nail applique that has lasted longer than any others. And they have rhinestones. I didn't have very high expectations for these, but every step of the way, I've been pleasantly surprised.

Pros:
Easy to apply - The directions on the box are very basic.... 3 steps: cleanse, apply, perfect (shape). It took me about 10-15 minutes.
Long lasting-  Nail appliques that I've used (Sally Hansen and Kiss Nail Dress) all last a couple of days and either stray the peel at the cuticle or chip at the tip within a day or two. These are started to do that after a week.

Cons:
The biggest con with these Sleek Sticks and any other nail applique is the price. Most run anywhere form $6 to $15 dollars for roughly 1 (maybe more) applications. A bottle of nail polish would go a lot further. I would definitely recommend these for special occasions if price is a major factor. They're fun, but would get expensive if you used them a lot!

Price: $9.99 at Target 





1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I find your blog fascinating! You are very insightful & have featured some great products. I recently found out about a great product myself that I wanted to share with you, Jamberry Nails. These vinyl nail wraps are available in over 300 designs & are amazing!! They don't harm your nails, are free of majorly harmful chemicals found in standard nail polish & last much longer! I have worn on my fingers for 16 days, much longer than I ever get from polish. Though I must admit most of the time I am not so patient as to leave them on that long, I can't wait to put a different design on! I love that there is no dry time like polish, which means if I need to do something while in the middle of doing my nails I don't have to worry about messing them up! Anyways I would love to send you a free sheet to review on your blog! I will even send another coordinating color should you want to alternate or have an accent nail. Also feel free to check out my website www.nailsinaflash.jamberrynails.net Did I mention wraps are always buy3, get 1 free & you get 2-4 manicures per sheet (depending on nail width & length)!
    Look forward to hearing from you soon!

    ReplyDelete