Monday, September 20, 2010

Quick and Easy Flawless Face

Hey Everyone!

I just added the latest video to youtube! It's all about flawless skin!

I did this tutorial because I wanted to share with everyone how quick and easy mineral makeup is. I really love mineral makeup for a few reasons.

1. It's natural.
2. Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide are natural sunblocks. They physically block the sun, while other chemical sunscreens just absorb.
3. It gives your skin a flawless look in just a few strokes. Some require a lot of buffing, but it's not as messy as liquid.
4. It won't clog your pores.

When you're looking for a mineral makeup, price is definitely a factor. I know it can be expensive, but remember you get what you pay for. I prefer to splurge on mineral foundation as opposed to eyeshadow and other products because those are a dime-a-dozen. I can find quality eyeshadow for $1 to $100, but when it comes to mineral foundation the pricier stuff tends to be better.

I always recommend Bare Minerals as a place to start. It is relatively inexpensive and commonly available. You can even order one of their starter kits from Sephora.com for about $60. This typically includes 2 different foundation colors, so you can get the right color, warmth, and mineral veil. The kits also include a few brushes. The brushes are good quality. That is what I did when I first started using mineral makeup.

I found out about Jane Iredale when I started working at a spa that carried it. Her powder foundations are great and often recommended by dermatologist. Her powders and her quad bronzers, Sunbeam and Moonglow are really the only products of hers that I believe stand out. I think that her liquid products, like Dream Tint and her Liquid Minerals, have a funky smell! :)

The products used in this video :

Neutrogena 3-in-1 Under-eye Concealer - Fair - It's a creamy texture and has some yellowish undertones to help cover the blue/purple colors under your eyes. This isn't mineral based, but it's a nice product.

Jane Iredale Amazing Base Loose Powder - Ivory - This is a wonderful foundation that also doubles as a concealer. In the video I use a concealer brush to cover up any distractions. Then I use a kabuki brush to cover my whole face. Remember when using mineral powder, or any powder for that matter, you want to go in a downward motion. This downward motion is very important because of the vellus or baby fine hair on our face. That hair grows in a downward direction. Basically follow the direction of hair growth!

bareMinerals Warmth All Over Face Color - I use this as a bronzer. It creates a warm glow and helps bring life to one's face. I use the "3" motion to apply it to areas the sun would naturally hit. We want to fake our sun exposure! I used bareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush to apply it.

bareMinerals Blush - Hint - This color has pink warm shades. It's a nice blush almost anyone can use. I applied it in a downward and upward motion. Always smile when you are looking for the apples of your cheeks. It's the best way to find them and smiling is always good for you! :)






1 comment:

  1. i'm always gonna be a sun whore but this definitely renewed my interest in mineral makeup. mine ran out and i bought some cheesy maybelline liquid bs and it makes me all greasy. i've ordered from everydayminerals online before...kinda like BE but cheaper and comes in a smaller size. love your vid. :-)

    ReplyDelete