Monday, January 31, 2011

Smashbox Spring Collection: In Bloom


I was lucky enough to come across this collection today! Smashbox makes some amazing products and I wanted to see if this collection compares to their other products. I have some mixed emotions about the collection.

The Eyeshadow Palette ($48) is amazing. Ten beautiful spring inspired shades that are soft and subtle. It remind us why we love spring so much! There are 5 matte shades and 5 shimmer shades. The quality of these eyeshadows do not disappoint. There are a lot of fun looks that will be achieved from these palettes!

The Creamy Cheek Duo ($26) is also an A. It's got a great texture and beautiful pigments. The only downside is the funky smell.

The Limitless Long Wearing Lip Gloss ($21) shades are beautiful, but can you say sticky mess!? I am going to pass on these lip glosses because I want the spring breezes to ruffle my hair and not worry about my hair getting stuck to my lips!

The Artifical Light Powder  ($20) is a nice highlighter, it's a little pricey for the size. The applicator is a foam tip, so you can easily apply it where you like and blend. It adds a wonderful glow and can be used to highlight cheek bones, underneath the brow and even your cupid's bow.

I have mixed feelings about the Soft Focus Powder Eye Liner ($22). It's in a liquid bottle, but it's a powder. The foam tip applicator is a little longer than one that would be used for liquid. It's also more flexible. The powders are very soft and beautiful shades, but I found it challenging to make a thin line. They are very smudgable, but a little complicated to use. I like their thinking and would like to spend a little more time with this product before I fully make up my mind!

All and all this collection made me excited for spring and all the beautiful colors and makeup looks that come with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment